Friday, March 12, 2010

Mommy Moments

I think as parents we have these ideals of how things should be, we plan and prepare, and in our heads have it all figured out. We look at other parents and think I will never do that, I will never allow that, what kind of parent "fill in the blank". The truth is we all do it. But then baby comes and everything you believe is flipped upside down, all those wonderful truths are no longer black and white, and we beat ourselves up over them. The truth is none of us are perfect. To prove my point here is a list of my not so good mommy moments...
~We let Everett sleep with us for naps and an hour in the morning.
~I couldn't of been happier to fully wean Everett from the breast at 12months
~Tonight I fed Everett chx noodle soup from a can because I was to lazy to make dinner...and to sick
~We let Everett chew on a dryer ball, he loves it!
~ At 3 months I let Everett roll off the couch, then I cried harder and longer then he did
~Sometimes if we are out and we miss his milk time I let him have 2% milk
~My house is a mess!!
~ I stopped clipping his nails because I always made him bleed, so daddy now files them
~ Everett didn't sleep through the night until after 6 months
~ Sometimes I go into his room when he's asleep just to give him cuddles
Although these may not make me mother of the year, I figure they do make me a real mother. I know that in the years to come this list will grow exponentially and there will be numerous mommy fails, but I know there will be just as many good mommy moments. At least I hope there are and that no notices all my bad moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment