Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cloth Diapers On Ellen




Dear Ellen,
I know you must think we are a crazy bunch of moms, bombarding you with requests to see cloth diapers on your show. That's the thing about cloth diaper moms (and dads) We're passionate!! Once a family tries cloth rarely do they go back to disposables. Every family has there own reason for choosing cloth be it the environment, to save money, a sensitivity to disposables, health concerns, there are just so many reasons to choose cloth. Maybe you aren't familiar with modern day cloth diapers. I wasn't until Everett was born. They really are as easy as disposables. I feel I am qualified to speak on this as an expert. I am a nurse at a pediatric hospital. I change diapers for a living :) I can have a baby changed in 20 seconds flat in both disposables or a pocket cloth, what does that tell you? Super Easy!!!
While recently sharing my experience with cloth at work, an older coworker stated "We cloth diaper our kids 20 years ago, we did it for the environment, we thought we were making a difference. Why are people still using disposables? Are they just not listening?" As a mom who new nothing about cloth before baby, I don't think it's that they aren't listening I think it's that new parents just don't know. They don't know that there are other options out there! Ellen, think of how many moms watch your show, if we could convince 5 moms to try cloth that would save 25, 000 diapers from landfills, with just 5 moms switching.
The truth is we are a family who choose to cloth not for the environment, not to save money, but because our Everett needs it. He is super sensitive, 3 days in disposables and he has a rash! Ugh no one wants a bum rash!! I never knew about how easy modern cloth was. I didn't switch until Everett was 6 months old. For 6 months we battles the rashes with no luck. Had I only known sooner I could have saved him 6 months of pain and irritation. Please help spread the Cloth Diaper Word.
To help spread the word I have included a couple pictures
Thank you


3 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!! I hope Ellen is listening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!! Rock on....now for me to get my own post up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics! Come see my Ellen post too! http://www.theecochic.com/2010/02/02/cloth-diaper-carnival-vi-get-cloth-diapers-on-the-ellen-show/

    ReplyDelete