Friday, February 19, 2010

What a Great Day!!!







Everett woke up at 4:30 this morning!! 4:30.....Seriously 4:30, before him, that was bedtime for Dylan and I. 4:30 is not morning!! Unfortunately he just couldn't settle, he tossed and turned and cried out for a couple more hours but just couldn't get a restful sleep. I was determined we were going to have a bad day...besides the 4:30 wake up call, I had a dentist appointment and had to cancel a playdate.
The first good thing to happen was Hart Hanson retweeted something I said to him...it wasn't really anything amazing or super thoughtful, but he obviously thougt it was important enough to retweet. I know its super small but it made me smile! That's the thing about Twitter, it connects you to people you normally would never be able to connect with. I think Hart Hanson is amazing because a) He's Canadian, b)He writes/directs/produces/runs my favorite show Bones, c) He seems like a real good person...like the kind of person I would trust Everett with for an hour.
The next good thing...was not the dentist appointment. No Everett won a contest by Robeez. The contest was post a picture of you child in his most patriotic outfit, Everett wore a Baby Kanga (Canadian Company) and his red Olympic mittens. I believe he was the only Canadian baby to win this week. YEAH!!! Everett wins a free pair of shoes. Im super thrilled with this since I love shoes so much!!
And then...Everett was playing in the bonus room, while daddy and I sat talking. He undid his diaper...both daddy and I said "Put that diaper back on!!" Instead Everett turned walked down the hall and banged on the bathroom door. Daddy put him on the toilet...and he immediately peed!!! At 13 months old it's official I think my little guy is a genius!!! I was sooo proud, daddy is sure its a coincidence, but I'm pretty sure he's a potty training genius!
And then to top it all off at bedtime he went to bed without a fight. I think the toddler bed may be a success!
Then Daddy called to announce Cineplex was hiring for his dream job as a booker. A temporary position but still a foot in the door. Although moving to Toronto is the last thing I want to do, it is Daddy's dream, and they do have Sick Kids that I could go work at...if he gets the job.
All and all a very good day for the Hodgson family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment