Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Friday night off???

So in this household Daddy works Friday nights. Honestly it doesn't even faze me. I did the same thing for 8 years. It's part of the job, just like working Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Discussion over, but not really but that's a whole different story. This Friday was different. Daddy didn't work!!!! So Daddy and I went out. We never go out anymore. Not since Everett joined us. We're not complaining, because we are lucky my parents live 5 minutes away. They happily watch Everett, we just don't go out together anymore. Anyways we went and we saw Hart Hanson speak. Who's Hart Hanson???? Well he's the Big Guy in charge of BONES, my favorite TV show. Was he here in Edmonton to speak about BONES? No, not exactly he was the Keynote speaker at a writer's conference. The closest I will ever be to a writer is writing nurse's notes. But being a diehard BONES fan I had to go!!! We paid $60 so as my husband put it I could watch a couple of BONES clips. We both actually enjoyed ourselves. But here's the kicker, it was over by 7:15. 7:15!!!! Our night out and we were home by 8pm!!!! We then went and had Indiana Jones birthday cake at my parents. Back home for 9pm!!!
When Dylan and I first started dating we would stay up after work until 3 or 4 in the morning. I mean you get off work at 1am, 3 or 4 seems reasonable. We aren't party animals. We don't drink, but we used to have fun! I just don't get it 9pm on a Friday night!!! When did this become our life? The sad thing is I don't think either of us minded.
Next time I want to question why Dylan works every Friday night I hope I will remember this. He can work every Friday night if it means he has Tuesday off to go swimming with us. Or Thursday's off to help with grocery shopping, or join Everett at Gymboree. Cineplex can keep there Friday nights, because somehow Tuesday afternoons are of a lot more value in this household!!

No comments:

Post a Comment